Skin care products are like fashion. They come and go depending on which celebrity endorses them. Shea butter, however, has never dated and is unlikely to. Its origins go as far back as Cleopatra’s Egypt. It was carried in clay jars for cosmetic use. Today most of the shea butter we use is handcrafted in Burkina Faso. There, it is is a commodity owned by women and the profits are their main source of income. It’s nicknamed “Women’s Gold!”. Before your next big spend on a high street skin care brand consider investing in a jar of shea butter. The benefits are golden!
- Reduces Inflammation and skin blemishes
- Skin Smoothing and firming
Top 3 Tips
- For full benefits go for unrefined/raw Shea Butter
- It should have a ‘raw’ nutty smell. Altered fragrances destroy the butter’s integrity
- Opt for fair trade to support our awesome burkinabé MOCCA Mums!