There’s celebration going on in Alabama after Doug Jones won the Alabama Senate Race over Republican Roy Moore. It wasn’t a landslide but a win is a win. We at MOCCA Mums are doing a happy dance for the unprecedented number of women of color who went out to vote. 98%! 98%!! 98%!!! This is big.
- Yemen: A woman is considered only half a witness.
- India (some parts): Women are exempted from road safety rules requiring motorcycle passengers to wear helmets.
- Ecuador: Abortion is illegal, unless you’re an “idiot” or “demented”.
- Saudi Arabia and Morocco: Rape victims can be charged with crimes.
- Vatican City allows men, but not women, to vote.
- Yemen: Women can’t leave the house without their husbands’ permission.
Source The Washington Post