The cheek of the French journalist who interviewed the literary prodigy, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and asked if there are any bookshops in Nigeria!
Her response was effortlessly brilliant and needs no further commentary. At MOCCA Mums when we detect such flagrant gaps in knowledge, also known as ignorance, we feel a refresher course is timely.
Top 10 Amazing (possibly unknown) facts about Nigeria
1. Nigeria’s nickname is “Giant of Africa” because of the size of its land and the diversity of its people.
2. Nigeria has the highest rate of private jet owners in Africa.
3. Five of the 10 richest pastors in the world live in Nigeria. Their net worth ranges from $10 million to $150 million.
4. Nigeria is the fifth fastest growing internet population in the world.
5. The Nigerian film industry, also known as Nollywood, produces about 50 movies per week, second to India’s Bollywood—more than Hollywood in the United States.
6. Seven percent of the total languages spoken in the world are spoken in Nigeria.
7. Nigeria is the 12th largest producer of crude oil.
8. The richest man in Africa, Aliko Dangote, resides in Nigeria. He is worth an estimated $12 billion.
9. The Yoruba group of Nigeria has the highest rate of twin births in the world.
10. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a Nigerian economist and its first female minister of Finance. She served two terms as Finance Minister of Nigeria and was previously Managing Director of the World Bank.
These facts would suggest that there is at least, at the very least, 1 bookstore in Nigeria. At the very, least…
*Africa is not a country is a phrase used to refer to the general ignorance or misconceptions some may have about Africa or countries in Africa.
(Photo source – YNaija.com & The Cable Lifestyle)