We’ve all heard and know the Rosa Parks story all too well. So at MOCCA Mums we decided to highlight top 5 facts about this amazing role model many may not know.
ROSA PARKS Top 5 unknown facts
1. Rosa’s ancestry included Cherokee-Creek (Indian).
2. She and her husband didn’t have kids and she was known as the “Mother of the Civil Rights Movement.
3. When her parents divorced, Rosa moved to another city in Alabama, called Pine Level, with her brother and mother. The house belonged to her grandparents, who used to be slaves.
4. Rosa attended a school where only African-American children were allowed, the kids didn’t have bus transportation to get to it from their homes.
5. When Rosa was 16, her mother and grandmother fell ill. This marked the end of her studies because she decided to care for her sick relatives. After she stopped going to school, Rosa went to work at a shirt factory.
(Photo credit Huffington Post)